Information for Prospective Students
Where to Start
Audition Repertoire Guidelines
- All major scales 1 octave and any chromatic scale 2 octaves.
- One lyrical selection such as an etude from Studies in Legato by Reginald Fink, 43 Bel Canto Studies by Marco Bordogni, or Melodious Etudes by Rochut. A slow selection from a solo composition is also acceptable.
- One technical selection such as an etude from 70 Studies for BB Flat Tuba Vol. 1 by V. Blazhevich, 60 Selected Studies by C. Kopprasch, 40 Progressive Studies for Trombone by Tyrell, or Advanced Studies for BB Flat Bass by Tyrell. A technical selection from a solo composition is also acceptable.
- Sight reading
- All-State audition music is acceptable.
- Take a look at these resources for young tuba and euphonium players!